she was like others:
ephemeral and fleeting.
I will never leave.
Tomorrow evening I am going to have the conversation with Dennis and Brad about Michelle and not seeing her in the future. I need to get the logic behind the decision organized so it is coherent for them.
- We love Michelle, we miss her.
- Michelle no longer wants a future with me (I was going to say “us”…I think “me” is better).
- We need to move forward with our lives. We can’t hope Michelle will change.
- This is painful. It is okay to be sad, hurt, angry, confused, scared.
- These feelings may never go away but they will diminish with time.
- Some people will come and go in your life. I will never leave you.
Number 2 is still difficult for me. It will be difficult for the boys. I hope they are further along in their grieving than I give them credit for. The 6th point…it makes me feel good to remind them of it.